Until recently I was a perfectionist. I have now realised that perfectionism is a character flaw and not a quality.
Inducting tradespeople (‘vendors’ in the USA) is as essential as inducting a tenant – Have you got everything covered?
Outlining your requirements and expectations upfront with tradespeople avoids conflict and misunderstandings that can cause stress and problems later down the track.
Working with property managers is great for business if you’re a tradesperson with a service property managers need on a regular basis. However not all property managers are good for business.
Good tradespeople are worth their weight in gold, but sometimes they can let you down.
These ‘23 things’ are collected from a Facebook post asking property managers ‘What’s your main complaint when dealing with tradespeople, as a property manager?’
Most disputes and litigation between an owner and their agent are over the condition of the property, and in most cases, the routine inspection is directly or indirectly connected.
Ensuring that the routine inspection is done thoroughly and competently is essential for any property management service.
The tenant vacate procedure is a BIG one!
It is only second to our leasing/letting procedure in sheer length and volume of work required to complete it successfully.
However, unlike the leasing/letting procedure, the tenant vacates procedure seldom is a smooth one and can often involve conflict, complications and stress.
As a property manager, 10% of final move-out or exit inspections are clean, straightforward forward and complication-free. However that leaves 90% that is a little complicated to somewhat downright time consuming, full of conflict, and stressful as tenants battle for their bond in the face of unsatisfactory issues not addressed at the property and monies left with rent owing, etc.
And tenants playing tricks are all part of the headaches we experience aside from the usual and well-scripted ‘but it’s cleaner now than when I first moved in’ tenant line.
We all agree that the majority of our tenants will do the right thing at a rental property. But there are a select few who will want to hide behaviour that’s contrary to their lease conditions. That’s why we must conduct regular routine inspections.
And here we reveal those tricks they like to play, so you can be more observant when conducting these important inspections.