Session #1- What to have ready for BDM activity and results
In our first session, we take a look at some basics and the essential tools for a BDM. We take a look at:
- What is a BDM, and why is a Property Manager likely not suitable for this important ‘sales’ role.
- What is the main purpose of a BDM, and should they do the marketing and leasing of the rental property as well as signing up new business?
- What is the best CRM (Client Relationship Manager) software system to use to manage your leads and contacts, where to get it and how to use it
- How to get the details of all your referral partners located in your local area (data mining) so you can start connecting right away with those that can refer you to their clients and business.
- How to create a BDM Business Plan roadmap for growth success.
Session #2- How to BDM broadcast yourself for new business.
You can’t get a consistent stream of leads if no-one knows you’re even there! In this session, we look at how to broadcast and promote your services on all the available platforms to influence prospective owners to sign up with you. In this session you’ll learn:
- How to become the ‘go-to expert’ using email newsletters and articles, and drive people to your website to generate leads.
- How to build your reputation and make the phone ring using Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Youtube.
- See what other companies are doing to leverage social media to generate business.
- How to market your services effectively whether you use Realestate.com.au (Australia), Trademe.co.nz (New Zealand), Craigslist.com (USA) or other property marketing portals.
Session #3 – Being BDM Prepared and Listing Kit Ready
When you go into combat you cannot win without the right weapons. Being a BDM is no different and you need the right tools to win. In this session, we go through everything that a successful BDM needs to have ready to be able to beat their competition to the business and win. In this session we will unpack:
- What wording you’ll need to have in your Pre-Listing Email to send to your prospective owner before you arrive for the Listing Presentation.
- What are the 25 essential attachments/documents to send with your Pre-Listing Email.
- Your Listing Kit prepared- how to prepare it either as a hard copy or a digital version.
- What a professional Comparative Market Analysis looks like, and how to create one.
- What are the 20 essential ingredients of an effective Listing Kit that will impress prospective owners to choose you over your competition
Session #4- Getting your BDM networking into high gear
Now that you’re BDM ready, you need to get out of the office and into the field to generate your own leads and make it happen! A good BDM never expects business to just ‘fall into their lap’ and instead gets out into the community to generate their own interest and influence. In this session we’ll show you:
- How to find and contact your referral partners (people like accountants, mortgage brokers and every business person that can refer you their clients).
- Know how to approach your referral partners in the first instance to start a connection and conversation of trust (we give you the scripts and methods).
- The different ways you can use ‘data mining’ to generate all the referral partner contacts you’ll need to grow your business.
Session #5 – BDM Activities to make the phone ring
The right strategies and activities working together will always deliver results (the numbers will never let you down). In this session, we teach you what are all the activities (that if worked right), will generate a steady stream of leads and make the phone ring with constant new business. In this session we’ll teach you:
- How to keep your BDM accountable to the right results and momentum.
- What are the fifteen different activities a BDM needs to be actively working on a weekly basis, to generate all the growth results that you’ll need.
- Learn all the relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for each activity that you’ll need to track, to ensure your desired end results happen.
Session #6- Creating your BDM ‘Ideal Week’
It’s no good having fifteen different key tasks and activities (from Session #5) if you cannot schedule your time correctly. They just won’t get done effectively! In this session we’ll teach you:
- How to be prepared right and plan out your ‘ideal week’ in advance.
- Know the key tasks that must get your full focus and priority, and know what must wait for now.
- Why you must only focus on what brings results and know the difference.
- How to schedule all your key activities into an ‘ideal week’.
Session #7- Move into first position- before you arrive
If you’re up against other competitors at the Listing Appointment then you’d want to be the favorite that your prospective clients are thinking about, before you have even arrived. In this session we’ll show you:
- How to deliver a Comparative Market Analysis by video text and ‘WOW’ your prospects (because your competitors will NEVER ever use this strategy to impress).
- Know the SIX-Step Procedure from enquiry that you need to have done right, to ensure you’re in ‘pole position’ with the maximum trust when you arrive.
- How to ‘stitch up the deal’ with a follow-up personalized message that is guaranteed to win you better a conversation rate than ever before. You’ll love this tip and see how simple it is to implement.
Session 8 – How to Win the Listing Appointment
When it’s ‘show time’ at the Listing Appointment, you need to walk in with a confident and enthusiastic attitude that will earn you a signed management agreement. In this session we’ll reveal:
- What things to do and NOT to do when you arrive at the property…before you knock on the door.
- What connection points to look out for to quickly get the conversation started after you meet your prospective owner.
- Why you must identify their need, pain, and problem quickly using open questions (we give you some sample open questions that will get you results).
- How to ask for the business using closing questions, and get them over that last ‘speed-hump’.
- How to effectively respond when the prospective owner raises objections to your fees.
- What different strategies you can use to get the management agreement signed right there and then, even if your prospect has other BDM appointments lined up after you.
Session #9- Effective Follow-up after the Listing Appointment
Not everyone will make a decision to sign up with you in the Listing Appointment, so you will need to follow them up effectively to get their business afterward. In this session you’ll learn:
- What timing is best for follow-up, and when should you leave them alone for another time.
- View an example Follow-Up Procedure for chasing the listing later, even if you lost it to another competitor.
- Learn some example ‘contact touch points’ throughout the next 12-months from lost to won listings.
- Get access to effective thank-you appraisal letter wording that really works
Session #10- How to Find More Business with your Current Clients
Your current owner list is your best bet yet to find more new business. When they know your brand and already trust you, they’ve got more business just waiting for you. In this session we’ll unload:
- Learn twenty different types of conversation starters so you can get contacting your current owner list right away to find more new business.
- What are the different types of incentives and referrals and how to use them effectively to influence more business your way (monetary and non-monetary)
- What are the right ‘contact touchpoints’ during the management process to make calls and start a conversation with your current owners.
Session #11- Working Effectively with a Sales Team
If you work with a sales team or have a deal with ‘sales-only’ company, then this is a must-learn session. Though you should never rely on a sales team to grow your portfolio, a strong alliance with one is sure to build the numbers. In this session we will show you:
- How to make an alliance with a ’sales only ‘ real estate company in your area- we’ll give you the scripts you can use to first connect with the key person there.
- Different ways to make the most out of working with your sales team.
- How to find leads by attending real estate property auctions.
- Know the lead opportunities waiting for you by attending sales ‘open for inspections’.
- What to say and how to get leads from the ‘open for inspection’ attendee contact list.
- How to generate leads from email inquiries your office is receiving right now from people looking to purchase an investment property.
Session #12- Growing with your Referral Partners
Working with your referral partners in all manner of ways only rewards both you (and them) with referral business. Here’s a session that shows you how to work these relationships effectively.
- How to conduct Investor Education evenings and involve your partners for lead referral success.
- Know how to work together and find new business at community fetes, trade shows, and shopping centres.
- Spread your sphere of influence deep into the community by conducting school information sessions and career days.
Further training video recordings you can access from our IGT Exclusive Members Portal for this session: