Darren Hunter is a national and international property management trainer, expert, and leading industry authority in fees and overcoming fee discounting.
On a National Level
- A consultant and trainer now for over 14 years, Darren has previously worked as the state (network) property manager with one of Australia’s most respected real estate brands – recruiting, training, implementing policies and procedures and managing 28 property managers in 18 regional offices over South Australia and the Northern Territory. In 2006 he wrote the national property management policies and procedures for the third largest rent roll in Australia.
- Darren presents seminars around the country ranging in topic from; new business and fee justification scripts and dialogue, rent control and time management strategies, rent roll value and income maximisation, market fee updates, inspections, tenant selection, recruitment, and correct interview technique plus many more ‘hot topic’ property management training sessions.
- Further, Darren has presented for the Real Estate Institutes in WA, SA, NT, and TAS and has presented at the Leading Property Managers of Australia Forums (LPMA) from 2007 to 2016.
- Darren has also trained for the Real Estate Institutes (SA/WA/NT/TAS and National), as well as Ray White (SA/NT), Raine and Horne National Conference (NSW), First National (SA/WA/VIC), The Professionals (SA/WA/QLD/NSW/VIC) and a number of independent groups and networks.
On an International Level
- Internationally, Darren was an invited speaker at the New Zealand Residential Property Manager’s Conference(NZRPM) in 2008 (Rotorua) and 2009 (Wellington), and the Professionals NZ Annual Conference in 2008 (Rotorua).
- Presented at the Leading Property Managers of New Zealand Forums (LPMNZ) in 2011 and 2012.
- Invited speaker at the Florida Association of Residential Property Managers (FARPM) in Florida in 2009 and again in 2010.
- Awarded the official title of ‘PME- Property Management Expert’. Darren is one of only 30 people awarded this title and represents one of only four people awarded this title outside of the United States (the three other people being fellow Australian and Property Management experts Bob Walters, Tony Warren, and Anne Warren)
- Keynote speaker at the National Association of Residential Property Managers Conference (NARPM- Atlanta Chapter) in Atlanta, Georgia, September 2011.
- Presented for the NARPM Texas Chapter in San Antonio, Texas, in June 2014, speaking on time and stress management keys to property managers and business owners.
- Darren returned to Texas and spoke to agents in San Antonio and Houston in November 2015, at the NARPM Virginia State conference in February 2017, and together with Deniz Yusuf in February 2018 in Orlando Florida to the NARPM Orlando Chapter being the last NARPM chapter in the USA.
- Darren spoke again in Nevada with ‘Geared for Growth’ and also at the NARPM Florida State Conference in September 2018, and again at Door Grow Live in St Louis, Missouri in November 2018.
- Darren, together with the IGT team presented IGT events in Las Vegas in February 2019 (One-day event), in Phoenix in May 2019 (2-Day Masterclass), and October (One-day event) 2019- a first for any property management training business in Australia to be delivering their own events in the USA.
What agencies have said after attending Darren’s previous training seminars:
“Relates to property management day-to-day situations”
Michelle Osmond- Property Manager, Maxpro Rated – WA 10/10
“Very relevant material”
Alex Meneghello, Property Consultant- Pure Leasing Central – WA. Rated 9-10/10
Tracy Tomkinson, Property Manager- Sanctuary Real Estate – WA. Rated 10/10
“Clear, easy to follow”
Daniel Carruthers, Property Manager- Logiudile Property Group – WA. Rated 10/10
“To the point! Easy to transfer to everyday use in office”
Georgina Johnston, Senior Property Manager- One Residential – WA. Rated 10/10
Robert Harris, Senior Property Manager- Pure Leasing – WA. Rated 10/10
“Very educational, great learning tips”
Laura Wardan, Property Manager- Raine and Horne Gladstone Park – VIC. Rated 10/10
“Clear and well-spoken”
Sergio Angilletta, BDM- Hudson Bond Real Estate – VIC. Rated 10/10
“Great Seminar! Everything discussed was what we were after!”
Leisha Devlin, Property Manager- Finning First National – VIC. Rated 10/10
“New way of thinking about bringing in new business”
Sarah Evans, Property Manager- Finning First National – VIC. Rated 10/10
“Overall presentation was easy to understand and to apply in everyday property management.”
Stacey Kelegouris, Property Manager- Barry Plant Preston – VIC. Rated 10/10
“Clear, concise discussion- great examples!”
Philippa Cheyne, Department Head, Metropole – VIC. Rated 9/10
Contact Darren by filling up this form: